Sun Orchard Job Board:
Starting at $10.40/hr
Sun Orchard Fruit Company near Newfane, NY- a leader in the packaging and distribution of regionally grown fresh apples has an immediate need for full time positions. Looking for reliable apple packers and stackers to work in a clean environment.
· Visually inspect apples for defects
· Maintain clean and orderly conditions
· Some lifting may be required
· Rate of pay starts at $10/hr
· Full time employment working in team atmosphere
· Efficiently package required orders
· No Experience Necessary! Willing to accept trainees
· Hours 7:30am – 4:00pm M-F
The production manager is tasked with ensuring the successful execution of daily production schedules. The production manager oversees up to 40 hourly employees and must be able to effectively delegate and coordinate employees to maximize production while maintaining quality standards as set forth by our customers. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a strong work ethic. The candidate must be personable and outgoing, able to effectively communicate and motivate a wide range of personalities while maintaining a positive and professional attitude in the workplace
Responsibilities and Duties
The production manager is a key leader in the organization and will be expected to hit the ground running. Daily responsibilities include interpreting and executing daily production schedules, while quickly and effectively adapt to change that occur throughout the day. Ensure proper production by inspecting finished product and making necessary personnel and or technological changes. Working with other key leaders in the organization (maintenance, quality assurance, sales) to understand and advise on overall business activities. The ability to forward think is crucial, there are many different elements to the business that must all come together in order for us to be successful. Technology plays a major role in the production line, candidate must show prior success in learning new technologies.
- Bachelors of Arts or Associates of Arts Degree preferred
- Prior supervision of hourly and or salaried employees is a must.
- Knowledge of Food Safety and GAP policies
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Computer proficient
- Prior experience in an agriculture related field a plus
Call 716-778-8544, stop by in person 2087 Transit Rd Burt, NY 14028 or fill out the form below!